Since I am the first of the family to enter stuff on our site. I will take the opportunity to show off some of my woodworking pictures.
This is a bunk bed for my sister Polly. Her two sons Brody and Avry will sleep on it. Their bedroom has a low ceiling, so it isn't very tall. It is made out of Maple. A very hard wood. This should last a long time. But you never know with boys :)
This is my nap after working on it one day. It gets cold in the garage. Lonely too, but let's not go there. haha. I have a radio to keep me company.
A couple of summers ago I made this organizer (for paper, homework, etc???) & easel for Lezlee Gallegos for her new classroom/school. The heads you see belong to Lezlee (top) and Haley (bottom).
The banister, below, was quite the adventure. Kathy Robins asked me to replace her old banister with a new one. She gave me a picture and I slowly but surely made it. Val, my father-in-law helped me install it. I was nervous on how it would all work out. Lucky for everyone (me especially), there was a crawl space below and I was able to lag bolt it to a joice. It worked out perfect. This is me sanding down the square oakrails. The Newel post is made of plywood, pine, and MDF. The ball is from Alder. I got the top rail, bottom rail, and oak pieces from Jeff Ackley in our ward. Kathy did a great job finishing it!


This is a bunk bed for my sister Polly. Her two sons Brody and Avry will sleep on it. Their bedroom has a low ceiling, so it isn't very tall. It is made out of Maple. A very hard wood. This should last a long time. But you never know with boys :)
This is my nap after working on it one day. It gets cold in the garage. Lonely too, but let's not go there. haha. I have a radio to keep me company.My sis-in-law in Colorado found a planter/stand out of a "Magazine of Barns" that she liked. It was apart of the "room" not for sale. She wanted it, so I accepted the challange. It was fun.
I have enjoyed making some wands for family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. They are fun. I have sold some at Kirkpatrick Drug and at Snow Springs Elementary at their book fair. Not to mention selling some to co-workers.
A couple of summers ago I made this organizer (for paper, homework, etc???) & easel for Lezlee Gallegos for her new classroom/school. The heads you see belong to Lezlee (top) and Haley (bottom).
The banister, below, was quite the adventure. Kathy Robins asked me to replace her old banister with a new one. She gave me a picture and I slowly but surely made it. Val, my father-in-law helped me install it. I was nervous on how it would all work out. Lucky for everyone (me especially), there was a crawl space below and I was able to lag bolt it to a joice. It worked out perfect. This is me sanding down the square oakrails. The Newel post is made of plywood, pine, and MDF. The ball is from Alder. I got the top rail, bottom rail, and oak pieces from Jeff Ackley in our ward. Kathy did a great job finishing it!



No comments:
Post a Comment