I've been thinking. I know, it's been tough on the old thinker, but after discussions with many of you, I WANT ACTION!!!! Food storage, that great idea that we hear about, worry about, usually don't do anything about. I have devised a master plan. Simple, affordable, fun, and truly heart warming.
The difficulties for me with food storage are: Storage space, rotation/usage, recipes/meals, and cost.
We can overcome these difficulties by following "The plan": Each month, we would do two things: Can a specific food product (or a variety where possible) and then try a recipe or two from our food storage supplies. During these monumental exciting times together, we will discuss many options of storage & usage, share struggles/successes in life, spend less than $30 a month on storage, and dangit! have fun doing it. We can always add family, friends, and neighbors to this "Preparedness Party" (Sunday Circle spin off)
We need each others encouragement and support to accomplish this task. Otherwise.....I will steal all of your food storage from you if there is an emergency :) But seriously, we all know that it needs to be done. Let's feel the way we should feel when council is given instead of squirming in our seats and feeling guilty for our lack of attention to this reality of economic down-turn we face.
Instead of pre-heating the oven, let's get cooking!
Please let me know your thoughts and if you are going to join the KP's in this righteous quest for food storage
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great idea. I wish we were still there to join in.
Great idea! Would love to be able to check that one off my guilt list! Have some, but not nearly what we need to have.
We will come down once a month OK! I am going to miss Sunday circle. We will miss you guys.
Post a Comment