Friday, March 20, 2009

Mis's big day

I AM NOW UPDATING THE BLOG, NOT MISTI, BUT ME, JASON, THE ONE WHO STARTED AND UPDATED IT IN THE PAST (ok, so it wasn't often, but who is keeping track :)

It is Friday night and Me and the boys just got home. Mis...No, she is at the hospital. Let me back up. We went to the doctor on Thursday and twisted their arms to fix my lovely wife. They said....ok. I said "tomorrow is good", they said....ok. We were surprised and delighted. We went this morning and she got some new hardware, Mis asked for "lipo", but I forgot the shop vac...no go. But she does have her own morphine button. Unfortunately it has a governor on it so she doesn't overdose. The doc said all went well. They said she will probably be there for 4-5 nights. She thought her bed at home was boring..... Please call her and say hi. She give me a call and I will give you her room # and phone #. She will love any type of communication from the outside.
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of your thoughts, prayers, food, etc. We have the worlds best family, friends, and neighbors. Thank you thank you thank you.

FYI, here is what they did to her back. They are fusing two of the vertebrae together.

Thought question: Do you think they use a 12volt or an 18volt Dewalt drill?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Misti up for visitors yet? If you guys need anything let us know!

amanda said...

Yay! Let's get this thing fixed. I am so glad they got you in so soon. No fun to have to sit in a hospital but at least we are moving toward recovery. I will call you and get her phone number. Thanks for keeping me updated.
See you in MAY!!!!!!

Linds said...

WOW!! Misti is one tough chick. So many surgeries! My mom just had this done to her back and she is feeling a lot better. Tell her we are thinking about her.